Questions about the 507th ARW?

The 507th Air Refueling Wing is an Air Force Reserve Command organization located on Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, as a tenant organization. Tinker Air Force Base is located off I-40 in Oklahoma City and its history dates back to World War II. The 507th ARW was originally activated at Tinker Air Force Base on May 20, 1972 as the 507th Tactical Fighter Group. The 507th originally flew the F--105D Thunderchief from 1972-1980 and then transitioned to the F-4D Phantom from 1980-1989. The wing flew the F-16 Falcon from 1989 to 1994 when it transitioned to the KC-135R Stratotanker. In 2005, following a Base Realignment and Closure process, the 507th became the first Air Force Reserve Wing to serve as a host wing for an Air National Guard Associate and was joined by members of the Oklahoma Air National Guard's 137th Air Refueling Wing. Throughout the years there have been many changes, but the hallmark of pride, professionalism and service to country has remained steadfast.

If you have a question about 507th ARW, Air Force Reserve Command or one of its many programs, please click on one of the titles listed below. If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of Air Force Link. If you have a general military question, please refer to the Department of Defense Frequently Asked Questions page.


Collapse All Expand All
 Air Force Bases

How can I find a list of Air Force bases, both overseas and stateside?

Air Force Link, the official internet web site of the United States Air Force, contains a listing of bases. For this info, please visit:


I don't see my question here

If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of Air Force Link. If you have a general military question, please refer to the Department of Defense Frequently Asked Questions page.


I retired several years ago. How do I obtain a copy of my military records?

Once a member is no longer a participating Reservist, his records are not maintained at his old unit.  These records are transferred to Air Reserve Personnel Center where they are processed and then sent to the National Personnel Records Center. If you are searching for your records you should start by contacting HQ ARPC at 1-800-525-0102 .  They ma ybe able to help. If not, you may want to contact the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), St Louis, MO at 314-801-0800.
 Air Force Song

I need to obtain the words to the Air Force song. Can you help me?

The words to the Air Force Song can be found at the following web site:

 Base Tours

Does the 507th ARW provide tours to the public?

The 507th ARW provides tours of our facilities to the general public. All tours must be arranged 30 days in advance and are conducted during normal business hours. Available tour dates are filled on a first come, first served basis. For more information, contact the 507th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs Office at (405) 734-3078.
 Contacting AF Personnel

How can I get in touch with my son or daughter who is in the Air Force? I don't know where they are stationed.

Parents, spouses, and government officials may call (210) 565-2660. 
Family members with an emergency should contact the national Headquarters of the American Red Cross at (703) 206-6141 for assistance. 
 Employer Support issues

Employer Support issues

How do I resolve an employment issue?

Inform your unit/military chain of command or the 507th Public Affairs at (405) 734-3078.  You may also contact ESGR or via e-mail at:

If not resolved, contact the Department of Labor (1-866-4-usa-dol or

You may consult a private attorney (at own expense, may preclude ESGR assistance) 

What rights are protected?

 * Military leave of absence (includes weekend drills, required training, all involuntary service and up to five years of voluntary service) 

 * Prompt reinstatement back into your job 

 * Accumulation of seniority, including pension plan benefits 

 * Reinstatement of health insurance, regardless of pre-existing conditions 

 * Training or retraining of job skills, including accommodations for disabled 

 * Protection against discrimination 

What rights protect a reservist's employment?

Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Title 38, Chapter 43, United States Code

How can I recognize my employer for supporting my military career?

Many employers choose to go above and beyond in support of their military employees. Think that your employer values your military service? Let them know how much you appreciate it with one of our ESGR employer recognition awards.

 * Nominate them for a Patriot Award

Have they already received a Patriot Award? Contact your local committee for assistance in nominating them for an Above and Beyond award, or Pro Patria award.
 Freedom of Information request

Where can I submit a Freedom of Information Act request for records pertaining to the 507th Air Refueling Wing?

The Air Force website for the Freedom of Information act is
 How long may a unit be activated

How long may a unit be activated?

A reserve unit can be activated for up to two years. If the unit served the full two years, they can only be reactivated upon receipt of a new executive order. There is no set time between the end of an activation and the start of a new activation order. Personnel may only serve two years under the current executive order. If they didn't complete two years, they can be reactivated to serve the remainder of their two years.
 ID Cards

ID Cards

I am a military retiree. Can I obtain an ID card at the 507th ARW?

Yes. The 507th ARW has a Pass and ID section that can provide assistant to military retirees, regardless of the branch of service. The Pass and ID section can be reached at (405) 739-4293.
 Joining the Air Force Reserve

Join the Air Force Reserve

I am interested in joining the Air Force Reserve. What do I do?

The first step is to contact one the Air Force Reserve Command recruiting offices that services the 507th ARW. For additional information visit: To talk to a local recruiter call 1-800-257-1212.
 Obtaining Military Memorabilia

Military memorabilia 

Where can I obtain military memorabilia such as patches, stickers, uniform items, coffee mugs, etc?

The 507th ARW is not able to provide patches, uniform items, and other forms of military memorabilia. However, several private companies exist to meet your needs. The following list does not constitute endorsement. 

8th Air Force Museum Gift Shop 
800 Spring Street 
Suite 203 
Shreveport LA 71101 
Phone: (318) 752-0055 

Action Embroidery Corporation 
1325 W Brooks Street 
Ontario CA 91762 
Phone: (909) 983-1359 

Air Force Museum Foundation, Inc. 
P.O. Box 33624 
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433 
Phone: (937) 258-1218 

Battle Zone Ltd 
PO Box 266 
Towaca NJ 07082 
Fax: (201) 402-7226 

Ken Nolan, Inc. 
16901 Milliken P.O. Box C-19555 
Irvine CA 92713 
Phone: (714) 863-1531 

Marketing Dynamics Inc. 
19717 Mayhill Terrace 
Gaithersburg, MD 20879 
Phone: (301) 670-0884 Fax: (301) 990-3646 
 Space "A" Flights
I'm a military retiree and want to find out about Space "A" flight availability. How can I do this?

For information on Space "A" flights, please contact the Passenger Terminal at (405) 734-1986.
 Speakers Bureau

Speakers Bureau

I am interested in having a speaker from the Air Force Reserve visit my civic group. Is this possible?

The 507th ARW offers speakers to support special events and civic and community organizations. For more information, contact the 507th Air Refueling Wing Public Affairs Office at (405) 734-3078. 
 USAF Aerial Support

USAF Aerial Support

I am interested in obtaining military aircraft for a civilian airshow.  What do I need to do?

For information on obtaining military aircraft for civilian airshows or other community events, please visit the USAF Aerial Events Support web site at:
 USAF Thunderbirds

USAF Thunderbirds schedule

Where will the USAF Thunderbirds be appearing this year?

For a complete list of appearances, please visit the USAF Thunderbirds website at
 World Wide Locator

World Wide Locator

I am interested in getting in contact with a buddy I used to be stationed with. Can you help?

Individuals who are trying to contact current or former members of the Air Force are encouraged to contact the World Wide Locator service located at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas. The contact information for the World Wide Locator service is listed below:

Air Force Worldwide Locator 
550 C Street West Suite 50 
Randolph AFB, TX 78150 
Commercial: (210) 565-2660 
DSN: 665-2660 
Web site:
 Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program 

Yellow Ribbon Program

What is the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program?

The Air Force Reserve Command's Yellow Ribbon Program is a result of a congressional directive in the 2007 Defense Appropriations Act that mandated reserve components provide additional deployment support and reintegration to reservists and their families. 

Its purpose is to ensure support and outreach services are readily available to unit members, their families and communities throughout a deployment cycle. Not only does the program focus on pre-deployment activities, but also reintegration activities after the end of any deployment or mobilization lasting 90 days or longer. This program is supported both by the 507th ARW Chaplain and 507th ARW Family Support offices.