Colonel Richard C. Ropac is the commander of the 507th Mission Support Group, 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The 507th Mission Support Group is the largest group in the 507th Air Refueling Wing, consisting of five squadrons. Col. Ropac is responsible for the management of the 507th Civil Engineering Squadron, 72nd Aerial Port Squadron, 507th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 507th Security Forces Squadron and the 507th Force Support Squadron.
Ropac was commissioned through the Academy of Military Science in 1997. He has served in various tactical and fixed communications assignments, plans, policy and resource staff work and prior to assuming his current position, he was the Deputy Commander, 482nd Mission Support Group, Homestead ARB, Fla.
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, California State University, Sacramento, Calif.
2006 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2013 Master of Science degree in Information Technology, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne Fla.
2013 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2015 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2015 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1997 - April 1998, Logistics Plans Officer, 77th Air Base Wing, McClellan AFB, Calif.
2. April 1998 - March 2005, Communications and Information Officer, 439th Communications Squadron Westover ARB, Mass.
3. March 2005 - June 2008, Deputy Chief, Communications Requirements, Joint Information Operations Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. September 2007 – January 2008, (Deployed, Chief, Mission Support Branch, Combat Air Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
5. June 2008 – April 2010, Commander, 482nd Communications Squadron, Homestead ARB, Fla.
6. April 2010 – July 2015, Deputy Commander, 482nd Mission Support Group, Homestead ARB, Fla.
7. July 2015 – present, Commander, 507th Mission Support Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf clusters
Good Conduct Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Army Overseas Service Ribbon
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Reserve medal with two “M” devices and hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
Army Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 18, 1997
First Lieutenant Sept. 18, 1999
Captain Sept. 12, 2002
Major July 20, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 15, 2013
Colonel March 3, 2018
(Current as of March 2018)