(Archived 2015) Former 507th Mission Support Group Commander -
Colonel Joseph M. Revit was the Commander, 507th Mission Support Group, 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. The 507th MSG is the largest group in the 507 ARW, consisting of five squadrons. Colonel Revit's leadership responsibilities include management of the 507th Civil Engineering Squadron, 72nd Aerial Port Squadron, 507th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 507th Security Forces Squadron, and the 507th Force Support Squadron.
Colonel Revit, earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from King's College Wilkes-Barre, Pa. and was commissioned in 1986 as a second lieutenant through Air Force Officer Training School. He joined the Air Force Reserve in 1987 at the 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove Air Reserve Base, Pa.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Revit served as the 22nd Numbered Air Force Process Manager. He has supported multiple contingency operations and served as the Top Secret Focal Program requirements manager for Joint Forces while assigned to Headquarters United States European Command. During Operation Odyssey Dawn, he managed Combined Forces Special Operations Command - Central intra-theatre airlift operations to support movement of the first-ever Marine Special Operations Command combat elements into Northern Afghanistan. In 2009, he was chosen to support a U.S. Department of State initiative supporting the African Contingency Operations Training Assistance Program serving as a logistics mentor to the Rwandan Defense Force Battalion Logistics Officer Course, Kigali, Rwanda.
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, King's College, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
1999 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2013 Master of Public Administration, concentration in emergency management operations, American Military University, Charles Town, W.Va.
1. August 1987 - February 1990, Ground Safety Officer, 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
2. March 1990 - June 1991, Officer in Charge, Quality Force Section, 913th Combat Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
3. July 1991 - May 1994, OIC Career Enhancement, 913th Mission Support Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
4. June 1994 - March 2001, Air Transportation Officer, 31st Aerial Port Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
5. April 2001 - December 2003, Operations Officer, 31st Aerial Port Squadron, Willow Grove ARB, Pa.
6. January 2004 - February 2005, Logistics Management Officer, 434th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
7. March 2005 - December 2008, Operations Officer/Installation Deployment Officer, 439th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
8. May 2008 - December 2008, acting Deputy Commander, 439th Mission Support Group, Westover ARB, Mass.
9. December 2008 - September 2012, 622nd Regional Support Group/Analyses, Assessment and Lessons Learned (A9) Deputy Director, Dobbins ARB, Ga
10. October 2012 - November 2013, 22nd Air Force Process Manager, Dobbins ARB, Ga
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. January 2007 - May 2007, Movements OIC, Combined Forces Special Operations Command Central, Logistics Directorate (J4) Forward, Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar, as a major.
2. October 2009 - November 2009, Logistics Mentor to Rwandan Defense Force Battalion Logistics Officer Course, Kigali and Gako, Rwanda, as a lieutenant colonel.
3. December 2010 - May 2011, Alternate Focal Point Control Officer, United States European Command, ECJ3, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with bronze oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Award with 4 bronze oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, August 15, 1986
First Lieutenant, August 15, 1989
Captain, August 15, 1993
Major, October 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel, October 1, 2007
Colonel, September 27, 2013
(Current as of December 2013)