(Archived - Former Commander of the 513th Air Control Group - Left June 5, 2017) Col. David W. Robertson is the commander of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The 513th is the only Air Force Reserve unit that maintains and operates the E-3 Sentry, an Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft. The colonel is responsible for directing and maintaining the wartime readiness of the nearly 400 reservists under his command.
Colonel Robertson entered the Air Force in 1992 as a graduate of the Reserve Officers Training Corps at the University of Florida in 1992. He has served in various operational and staff assignments including instructor and evaluator air battle manager on board the E-3 Sentry and as chief of the battle watch, where he provided command and control to all Air Force Reserve forces worldwide. The colonel has served in many leadership positions including chief of standardization and evaluation and senior air reserve technician of air battle management.
Colonel Robertson has more than 20 years of experience in command and control, including joint and multi-national operations. He is a master air battle manager with more than 3,500 flight hours in the E-3 Sentry, including missions flown in support of operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Noble Eagle and Iraqi Freedom.
1992 Bachelor of Arts in English Composition, University of Florida, Gainesville
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Business Administration, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. January 1993-March 1995, Airlift Operations Officer, 630th Air Mobility Support Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
2. October 1995-November 1996, Assistant Chief, Operation Plans, 27th Operations Support Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. December 1996-October 1997, Air Weapons Officer Student, 552nd Training Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. November 1997-July 1999, Assistant Flight Commander, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. August 1999-August 2001, Assistant Flight Commander, 966th AACS, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. September 2001-May 2004, Instructor/Evaluator Air Surveillance Officer, 970th AACS, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. June 2004-October 2005, Senior ART, Air Battle Management, 970th AACS, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. November 2005-September 2007, Deputy Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 513th Air Control Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. October 2007-July 2011, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 513th ACG, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. August 2011-January 2013, Chief, Battle Watch Branch, Force Generation Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. January 2013-present, Commander, 513th ACG, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Rating: master air battle manager
Flight Hours: more than 3,500 flight hours
Aircraft Flown: E-3A, E-3B/C, E-3G
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 13, 1992
First Lieutenant Sept. 13, 1994
Captain Sept. 13, 1996
Major Oct. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 14, 2008
Colonel Nov. 1, 2013
(Current as of July 2015)