Colonel Jeffrey J. McGalliard was the Commander, 513th Air Control Group, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla., a direct-reporting unit under 10th Air Force. As commander, he is charged with providing Air Force Reserve operations and maintenance personnel in support of the global E-3 AWACS air surveillance and C2 mission.
Colonel McGalliard served 14 years on active duty before transferring to the Air Force Reserve. He is an experienced Safety Investigation Board member and directed an average of 400 airlift and air refueling missions daily while assigned to the 618th Tanker Airlift Control Center operations floor. As Chief of Air Operations for Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC), Colonel McGalliard coordinated flying requirements for AFRC's 400 unit-equipped aircraft which flew 175,000 hours annually. Most recently, he served as the Chief of both the Nuclear Operations and Operations Plans/Readiness divisions. As Battle Staff Director of USSTRATCOM Task Force 294,
Colonel McGalliard employed air refueling forces in support of global deterrence and nuclear strike operations.
Colonel McGalliard has flown combat missions in support of Operations DESERT STORM, ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM in the C-141 and KC-135, as well as Operation NOBLE EAGLE missions in the E-3.
1985 Bachelor of Arts degree in political science/international relations, San Diego State University, Calif.
1991 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
1. November 1985 - June 1986, student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. July 1986 - February 1987, student, B-52H Navigator Training, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. March 1987 - October 1989, standards and evaluation navigator, 92nd Bomb Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. November 1989 - November 1990, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
5. November 1990 - September 1995, C-141 airdrop pilot/C-141B instructor pilot/nuclear weapons courier officer, 62nd Airlift Wing, McChord AFB, Wash.
6. October 1995 - January 1996, T-37B pilot instructor training, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. February 1996 - July 1997, T-37B Flight Commander, 85th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
8. July 1997 - July 1999, Chief of Stan/Eval, Chief Spin Pilot, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas
9. August 1999 - May 2005, KC-135R instructor pilot/Flight Commander/wing executive officer, 434th Air Refueling Wing, Grissom ARB, Ind.
10. May 2005 - July 2006, Chief of Stan/Eval, 459th Air Refueling Wing, Andrews AFB, Md.
11. July 2006 - January 2009, Chief of AFRC/A3OO (Air Operations), HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. March 2008 - June 2008, (Interim) Deputy Director of Air, Space and Information Operations, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. January 2009 - September 2011, Chief, AFRC/A3N (Nuclear Operations) HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. January 2011 - September 2011, Chief, AFRC/A3X (Operations Plans), HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. October 2011 - present, Commander, 513th Air Control Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Rating: Command Pilot
Military Flight hours: More than 6,400
Aircraft flown: E-3B/C/G, KC-135R, T-37B, C-141B, B-52H
Commercial airline pilot for large international carrier: More than 1,500 hours on B-737
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Readiness Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 4, 1985
First Lieutenant Oct. 4, 1987
Captain Oct. 4, 1989
Major Aug. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 6, 2004
Colonel Oct. 7, 2008
(Current as of July 2013)