Col. Tanaka Dunn is the commander of the 507th Mission Support Group, 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The 507th Mission Support Group is the largest group in the 507th Air Refueling Wing, consisting of five squadrons. Colonel Dunn is responsible for the management of the 507th Civil Engineering Squadron, 72nd Aerial Port Squadron, 507th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 507th Security Forces Squadron, and 507th Force Support Squadron.
Colonel Dunn received her commission in 2001 through the Deserving Airman Commissioning Program and attended the Academy of Military Science at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Colonel Dunn is an Air Reserve Technician but completed a three-year active duty tour on the staff at U.S. Africa Command as Executive Officer to the Deputy Commander and Branch Chief in the Logistics Directorate. Additionally, she was a Branch Chief in Air Force Reserve Command, Directorate of Analyses, Assessments, Lessons Learned, and Continuous Process Improvement. Colonel Dunn is a an Air Force Lean Six Sigma Level II Facilitator, joint qualified, and has deployed in support of Operations ENDURING and IRAQI FREEDOM.
2001 Bachelor’s degree in psychology, Wesley College, Dover, Del.
2001 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2003 Master’s degree in human resource management, Wilmington University, Wilmington, Del.
2007 Air Force Protocol Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Oh.
2009 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2013 Lean/Six Sigma Level 2 Black Belt Facilitator Certification, USAF
2015 Air Command and Staff College, by corresondence
2018 Joint Logistics Course, U.S. Army Logistics University, Fort Lee, Va.
2019 Joint and Combined Warfighting School – Hybrid, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2021 Master’s degree in strategic studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. November 1988 – February 1995, Avionics Specialist, 436th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
2. February 1995 – October 1997, Training Technician, 512th, Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
3. October 1997 – April. 1998, Public Affairs Journeyman, 512th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB, Del.
4. May 1999 – October 2001, Training Technician, 46th Aerial Port Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
5. November 2001 – February 2003, Air Freight Officer in Charge, 46th Aerial Port Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
6. February 2003 – November 2003, Air Terminal Operations Center Officer in Charge, 436th Aerial Port Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
7. November 2003 – November 2004, Air Freight Officer in Charge, 46th Aerial Port Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. November 2004 – August 2006, Executive Officer, 512th Maintenance Group, Dover AFB, Del.
9. August 2006 – December 2009, Executive Officer, 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
10. June 2008 – October 2008, Installation Deployment Officer/Distribution & Deployment Flight Commander, 386th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Undisclosed Location
11. December 2009 –May 2012, Wing Process Manager, 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
12. May 2012 – May 2015, Commander, 911th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
13. May 2015 – December 2015, Executive Officer, 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa
14. December 2015 – May 2017, Chief, Continuous Process Improvement Support Branch, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Continuous Process Improvement Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. July 2020 – June 2021, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania
16. July 2021 – Present, Commander, 507th Mission Support Group, Tinker AFB, Ok.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. November 2013 – May 2014, Joint Logistics Operations Center Chief, Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, as a major
2. May 2017 – June 2018, Branch Chief, Missions Branch, Logistics Directorate, United States Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel
3. July 2018 – June 2019, Branch Chief, Engagements Branch, Logistics Directorate, United States Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel
4. July 2019 – July 2020, Executive Officer, Deputy Commander, United States Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with three ‘M’ devices
Federal Executive Board, Woman of the Year Gold Award 2011
Air Force Reserve Command Process Manager of the Year 2010
512th Airlift Wing Company Grade Officer of the Year 2004
512th Airlift Wing Air Force Association Company Grade Officer of the Year 2004
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 16, 2001
First Lieutenant Nov. 16, 2003
Captain Nov. 16, 2005
Major Mar. 30, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel Sep. 18, 2017
Colonel March 30, 2022
(Current as of May 2022)